Monday, May 23, 2011

Cycle #23 - Days One Hundred and One to One Hundred and Ten


So the last ten days past by and with a flurry of reading activity, there was success. 

Success to the point where cycle 23 was completed!!

So we started the ten days with 169 chapters to go to finish the task, and discovered along the way that due to some dodgy maths somewhere the target was actually 172 chapters.

So what was read in the last ten days.

Ezekiel 12-48.
Hebrews
Daniel
Hosea
James
Joel
Amos
Obadiah
Jonah
I Peter
2 Peter
Micah
Nahum
Habakkuk
Zephaniah
I John
2 John
3 John
Haggai
Zechariah
Malachi
Jude
Revelation

It seems like a lot of books!  And in one sense it is, but many of them are quite short, but after one hundred and ten days cycle 23 has been completed and I am one step closer to my goal of reading the Bible at least one time for every year of my life.

My age: 44
Times read: 23
Goal: One time for one year and trying to reach that by the age of 50 meaning now 27 times in 6.5 years.
That means we need to do 4 and a bit times per year.  That's a hard goal to reach!!

Well let's keep going and after a break of a day or two back into cycle 24 and this time I will be reading from the longest book to the shortest book, so I will be taking it away with Psalms.

And as Psalm one blessed is the man who meditates on the word of God day and night!

No comments:

Post a Comment